Now Available to Order – NON DAIRY BRAVO.
The NDB kit contains 3 different components that are:
– Blend of fermenting bacteria strains, yeasts (eukaryotic organisms), and Bifidobacteria
– Blend of Probiotic gastro resistant strains (including Bifidobacteria) and prebiotics
– Chondroitin sulfate
PRACTICAL AND TECHNICAL ASPECTS OF NDB
The logic for NDB preparation is the same as the Bravo yogurt.
The NDB comes under the form of a user-friendly kit containing 3 different components.
NON DAIRY BRAVO KIT STARTER: blend of fermenting bacteria strains and yeasts (eukaryotic cells) enriched in Bifidobacteria.
Each kit contains 12 silver sachets of Starter each one marked with an orange edge. Each sachet is not individually labeled since the 12 sachets are put together into a zip lock bag with a label on it (the label has a part in orange recalling the orange edge of the sachets).
NON DAIRY BRAVO KIT PROBIOTIC COMPLEX: blend of probiotic gastro resistant strains (including Bifidobacteria) and prebiotics (maltodextrins).
Each kit contains 12 silver sachets of Probiotic Complex each one marked with a green edge. Each sachet is not individually labeled since the 12 sachets are put together into a zip lock bag with a label on it (the label has a part in green recalling the green edge of the sachets).
NON DAIRY BRAVO KIT CHONDROITIN SULFATE.
Each kit contains 12 white sachets of Chondroitin Sulfate.
Each sachet is individually labeled as “Chondroitin Sulfate” and the 12 sachets are put together into a zip lock bag with a label on it (the label has a part in red).
The kit is user-friendly; to prepare one liter of NDB it takes one sachet of each of the three components that is: 1 sachet of Starter, 1 sachet of Probiotic Complex and 1 sachet of Chondroitin Sulfate.
As per the instructions you pour the content of the three sachets in 1 liter (quart) of fruit juice and, 24 hours later, you have the product ready to drink. As previously described, this is the recipe that we suggest to follow but the possibilities of having different tastes are huge.
As you can notice the number of sachets per each component is 12 rather than 13 as in the current Bravo yogurt. This difference is due to the fact that for the NDB no mistakes related to the fermentation process will arise (thus there is no need to add 1 extra dose).
The shelf life of the full kit is at least 10-12 months from the time of manufacture.
The full NDB kit, containing 12 “doses” is be enough to prepare 12 liters of fermented product. Since the suggested daily amount is 100-120 ml (as for Bravo yogurt) 1 liter will last 8-10 days and the full kit at least 12 weeks.
1. The amount of live microbes; typically, a commercial non-dairy probiotic drink contains about 1 billion probiotic microbes per serving, whereas NDB contains more than 9 billion probiotic microbes as calculated by adding the number of fermenting microbes to the number of non-fermenting microbes (e.g. Bifidobacteria) and gastro-resistant probiotics.
2. The presence of gastro-resistant probiotics, including Bifidobacteria, that are intended to colonize the gut after having passed undamaged through the stomach barrier. Please notice that most non-dairy probiotic drinks do not contain Bifidobacteria neither in their fermenting formulas nor as gastro-resistant probiotics. It is known that Bifidobacteria are among the first microbes to colonize the human gastrointestinal tract and there is ample consensus that they exert positive health benefits on their host with particular reference to the immune system.
3. The presence of eukaryotic microbes endowed with probiotic features. Most probiotic drinks contain only prokaryotic microbes (bacteria). As you know, cells on this planet can be divided into two categories: prokaryotic and eukaryotic. Prokaryotic cells are bacteria; we, as humans, are made of eukaryotic cells. Probiotics (that are microbes that are beneficial for our health) can belong to both categories. In most probiotic drinks, however, there are only bacteria and no eukaryotic probiotics. In NDB (as in the Bravo yogurt) there are also eukaryotic probiotics (yeasts). As it is written in the paper published in the American Journal of Immunology, among these, we focused our attention on the Kluyveromyces marxianus. Thus, this microbe is known to decrease local and systemic inflammation and to favor growth and colonization of the human colon by Bifidobacteria, thus synergizing with these probiotics that are highly represented in NDB. In addition, it increases the production of the short-chain fatty acids acetate and propionate that are important for human metabolism and have neuro-protective functions.
4. The presence of a glycosaminoglycan, chondroitin sulfate, that is endowed with a number of healthy properties and it is also a prebiotic. Chondroitin sulfate has been used for decades as a dietary supplement and a symptomatic slow acting drug, and recently it has been demonstrated that it is readily degraded and fermented in vitro by human gut microbes, thus acting as a prebiotic. In addition, it is well acknowledged that chondroitin sulfate negatively regulates cancer cell signaling and enhances the activity of conventional chemotherapeutics. In a peculiar synergism with Kluyveromyces marxianus, chondroitin sulfate inhibits inflammation and is endowed with immune-stimulating properties consisting in the activation of macrophages without inducing the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines. The number of potential preventive and therapeutic effects of chondroitin sulfate is widely acknowledged. Thus, the prestigious Mayo Clinic reports that there exists scientific evidence for the clinical use of chondroitin sulfate in conditions characterized by inflammation such as osteoarthritis, coronary artery disease, psoriasis, muscle soreness or interstitial cystitis. In addition, the same institution presents a long list of the uses for chondroitin sulfate that are based on tradition or scientific theories. Such a list reads:
“aging, allergies, Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, antioxidant, antiviral, blood clots, bone healing, breast cancer, burns, cervical disc disease, chest pain, chronic venous ulcers, clogged arteries, colorectal cancer, diabetes, gout, gum disease, headaches, heart attack prevention, heart disease prevention, HIV/AIDS, hyperglycemia, high cholesterol, inflammation, inflammatory bowel disease, joint problems, kidney stones, leukemia, lung cancer, malaria, mouth and throat infections, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, nerve regeneration, neuroblastoma, osteoporosis, pain, Parkinson’s disease, premature birth prevention, quality of life (osteoarthritis), rheumatoid arthritis, snoring, soft tissue injury, spinal cord injury, spine problems, surgery, systemic lupus erythematosus, temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ), transplants, wound healing”.
Chondroitin sulfate is composed of a chain of alternating sugars (N-acetylgalactosamine and glucuronic acid) and, as you may know, N-acetylgalactosamine is the active site of GcMAF. In the GcMAF molecule, N-acetylgalactosamine is removed by Nagalase; however, Nagalase is ineffective against chondroitin sulfate because the latter is not a protein.
We can say that chondroitin sulfate contains the active site of GcMAF and, by the way, whereas in GcMAF there is one N-acetylgalactosamine moiety per molecule, in chondroitin sulfate there are between 50 and 100 N-acetylgalactosamine moieties per molecule.
The philosophy behind the formulation of NDB allows an almost infinite number of customizations in the kitchen, at variance with most of the non-dairy probiotic drinks on the market, so that the client can prepare her/his own drink in accordance with individual taste, needs and habits.
In other words, you can choose the fruit juice that you like to prepare it. We suggest an easy home-made fruit juice but, analogously to the fact that different types of milk can be used to prepare the Bravo yogurt, also for the NDB the juice can be different.
In the handbook as well as in our website, we will refer to the home-made fruit juice since all the lab tests (total bacterial count, pH, level of alcohol) have been performed on the home-made juice. It would have been impossible to test the hundreds of different fruit juices with different brands available all over the world.
NDB is entirely made in Europe and contains exclusively ingredients from certified European sources; all the microorganisms, probiotic strains, and prebiotics in this product are certified safe for human use. All are manufactured exclusively for our Swiss company by state-of-the-art GMP-certified European facilities that guarantee the highest quality and distributed by our worldwide partners.
NDB is dairy-free, soy- and gluten-free, and it does not contain Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO).